For many years the dieting industry has been comprised of two factors; calorie counting and diet pills. In other words, you can eat less and let your body take control of the rest, or have some external aids to help you along your way.
Therefore, when we came across Nutrisystem we were immediately taken aback. This isn’t a product which is comprised of the “usual” system – it takes a much more advanced approach.
Ultimately, it provides you with set meals each and every week – with experts putting together the “menu” in accordance with your dietary requirements.
It is marketed with the promise of knocking 5lbs and one inch from your waistline after just one week of use. Bearing this in mind, we were unsurprisingly intrigued. We’ll now take a look at the system in further detail to see if this type of dieting system really can help you shed the pounds.
What is Nutrisystem?
The company behind Nutrisystem have seemingly done everything they can to describe this product in the name – it’s effectively a nutritional diet system.
Experts take note of your requirements, before selecting and sending foods that will comply with these. However, what makes it different from competing products is its three-way approach, which is comprised of the following:
- Portion Control – The experts who choose your meal do all of the calorie counting for you. There’s no need to frantically check packaging to see if this meal will keep the pounds away, all the work is done before the meals arrive on your doorstep.
- Balanced Nutrition – Of course, it’s not all about calculating how much of each food you require. The fundamentals of a balanced diet also cover eating the right mix of nutrients, and this is something else that Nutrisystem nails right to a tee.
- Frequent Meals – The third and final element is perhaps the most surprising. Nutrisystem is based on a frequent meals philosophy, with dieters eating no fewer than six every day to help prevent the curse of hunger.
If we were to delve into even more specifics, Nutrisystem is based on a further approach of combining proteins, fats and carbohydrates effectively.
The company attempts to comprise half the diet of carbohydrates, with the remaining half being split evenly between proteins and fats. On top of this, 25-35g of fiber will be provided each day, while sodium levels are kept to a minimum.
How Does Nutrisystem Help You Lose Weight?
Of course, this is all figures at the moment. How does the product really help you lose weight? It’s all very well providing you with these meals, but some people just won’t be able to beat off the curse of hunger if they are not satisfied.
However, it could be said that satisfaction is one of the main goals of Nutrisystem. For example, we all love muffins – but if you were to visit your local Dunkin Donuts chain you’d be consuming no fewer than 410 calories into your system.
With the Nutrisystem option, muffins come at a much lower price of 170 calories. In other words, the company has made it their primary goal to provide food that’s not only nutritionally beneficial, but also exceptionally tasty.
How Much Control Are You Given Over Your Meals?
One of the biggest advantages of Nutrisystem is its flexibility – but for some people, this could be the big drawback.
Having your meals decided and sent over to you on a weekly basis might sound ideal on first thought, but this lack of control might even border on irritating after a while. It’s at this point that the various plans step into the equation:
- Basic Plan – For those of you looking for the least amount of hassle, this plan involves Nutrisystem experts hand-picking the best foods for you and merely sending them over. This costs less than $10 per day.
- Core Plan – A more popular option arrives in the form of the Core Plan. This is where you really can let your creativity take over, as you’ll have a menu containing over one hundred foods, as well as direct access to experts who can help you with your choices. This plan costs $11 per day.
- Select Plan – For the ultimate flexibility, the Select Plan is probably the most advisable. With over 150 choices, and several additional premium foods, this really is designed for the person who wants convenience, but wants to make their own choices as well. For these benefits, you pay just under $12 per day.
If you consider just how much it costs to eat at a restaurant, the fact that you are getting all of your meals comprised into a maximum of $12 per day is impressive to say the least.
Of course, if you do want to venture out to a local establishment one evening, the company provides advice on the types of foods you should be looking to consume in a bid to maintain your balanced diet.
Has Anybody Else Lost Weight?
Fortunately, this seems to be a system which isn’t just based on myths and possibilities. The general consensus from the communities which have tried Nutrisystem is that it works a treat and as well as being utterly convenient, it has allowed them to lose considerable amounts of weight.
If we take an extreme example, some people have been able to lose over 100 lbs. One man, going by the name of Noel, was able to lose a staggering 190 lbs just by eating little and often, to curb his hunger.
Of course, most success stories are much more reserved. Many people have lost something in the region of 20-70lbs – which of course still equates to several dress sizes!
One thing that was constant between everyone was their belief behind the concept – with each and every person claiming that the regular, convenient meals were the trigger to make them shed the pounds.
Nutrisystem – The Verdict
Just through the course of this overview, it is clear to see that Nutrisystem is much different to most dieting systems we see on the market. It doesn’t rely on natural ingredients that speed up our metabolism or anything else scientific; just basic concepts that are bound to influence our human brain.
How many times have you reached for the “easy” frozen pizza instead of cooking something full of nutritional value? The fact that healthy food, and strict diet plans, are delivered directly to your doorstep means that this can be a thing of the past.
In the end, nutrisystem is as simple as it gets, but if you really want something that will work for sure, you need to find something more specefic for your needs, We highly recommend My Gene Diet, check it out here.
- Advantages of Getting into the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Martial Art – May 3, 2021
- Last Longer in Bed & Impress The Missus With These 4 Easy Steps – October 20, 2019
- How to Make Crossfit, Muscle Growth & Building Strength Live Hand-in-hand – August 2, 2018
- Drilling Down into The Pros and Cons of Testosterone Boosters – July 24, 2018
- Legal Winstrol Alternatives: What do They do and What are The Best on The Market? – June 22, 2018
- Steroid Effects: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Anabolic Steroids – March 23, 2018
- 7 Decisions You Will Regret Making in Your Life – March 11, 2018
- How to Handle Yourself After a Grueling Workout – February 1, 2018
- 7 Fitness Trends That are Coming to a Gym Near You – January 22, 2018
- 7 Must-Eat Foods For A Better Body And Brain – October 10, 2017