When most of us think about algae, it’s usually about the slimy green variety that is often found on beaches.
Suffice to say, blue-green algae doesn’t always have to fit into this category. While it is a plant-like organism, which you will generally find in salt water, it has been used to treat umpteen conditions over the years.
Countless studies have been conducted on it and the general consensus is that it’s very beneficial for our bodies.
Bearing the above in mind, we’ll now take a look at blue-green algae in-depth to see how it can affect your body.
What is blue-green algae?
As we’ve already highlighted, blue-green algae is something that is found in salt water – just like most forms of algae.
However, it also happens to boast large amounts of iron, dietary protein and B-vitamins – which is why it has grabbed so much attention over recent years.
Experts believe that these properties make blue-green algae a powerful substance which can aid a number of conditions.
The popularity of blue-green algae means that it is no longer a substance which is just sought naturally.
Some organizations have taken to growing it under controlled conditions, with this meaning that it’s much harder for bacteria to contaminate the algae and make it unfit for purpose.
What is blue-green algae used for?
The reason this substance has caught so much attention over the years is due to the fact it has so many potential uses. Tests have concluded that it is effective for treating precancerous mouth lesions, although its uses can span even wider than that.
At the moment, people are turning to the substance for umpteen reasons including the following:
- Allergies: While the research is quite young, some sources suggest that 2g of blue-green algae a day can reduce allergy symptoms.Item #1
- Diabetes: A different study showed that diabetes sufferers have been able to lower their blood sugar levels after taking blue-green algae for two months.
- High Cholesterol: There are also suspicions that blue-green algae can impact cholesterol, with one study showing that people with high levels of cholesterol experienced a fall in low-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
What are the benefits of blue-green algae?
We’ve already mulled over some of the conditions that blue-green algae can be used to treat, although the substance contains several other benefits that make it a worthy form of treatment for other issues.
For example, for anyone who wants to enhance their fitness, blue-green algae strangely holds numerous benefits.
Firstly, one study has shown that men were able to sprint for much longer periods of time after taking 6g of the substance every day for four weeks. Additionally, it is composed of large amounts of protein and as we all know, this is a core ingredient for anyone who wants to build muscle.
It helps repair the muscle at much faster rates and this means that more and more bodybuilders are turning to it.
From a slightly different perspective it’s known that blue-green algae can help you lose weight much faster. Various studies have confirmed that this can happen indirectly through a number of ways, including the following:
- Alkalizing: Blue-green algae has been known to have an alkalizing effect on the body, which helps to prevent weight gain.
- Stress Reduction: For those people who “comfort eat”, the fact that the substance contains a chemical called PEA means that stress immediately decreases and means we are less inclined to do this.
- Appetite Suppression: Just like most forms of seafood, blue-green algae is also able to curb your appetite.
- Blood Sugar Levels: We mentioned earlier how blue-green algae can help diabetes sufferers so this next issue follows a similar path. It will reduce your insulin levels and curb your appetite at the same time – allowing you to tackle weight loss from multiple angles.
Does it cause any side effects?
As we touched upon earlier, blue-green algae is generally segmented into two types; contaminated and non-contaminated.
The former is usually sought naturally, from the waters, while non-contaminated blue-green algae is grown under controlled conditions and is therefore void of any contaminants.
It should go without saying that if you use a non-contaminated source, the chances of side effects are virtually nil. After all, this is a completely natural plant.
However, if you opt for something that might have been contaminated, there is a chance that it is unsafe.
Anything from harmful bacteria to toxic metals can be contained in there and this is why it is always advisable to avoid this form of blue-green algae.
Instead, look towards natural supplements – which almost always use the substance in a non-contaminated form.
What is the dosage recommendation for supplements?
Most sources suggest that blue-green algae is taken in doses of 3-5g before meals.
Recommended supplements currently on the market
Considering the hype that blue-green algae has generated over recent times, it won’t come as a surprise to read that numerous supplements have been released which take advantage of this natural ingredient.
At the moment, one called BioStem is the market leader. This can be broken down as follows:
- BioStem contains no less than 150g of blue-green algae. Additionally, this has been grown in laboratories – meaning that it’s free of the contaminants and side effects we have discussed previously.
- As well as this, it’s packed full of vitamin A, vitamin E, magnesium, antioxidants and amino acids. In other words, it will do your health the power of good.
- To be specific, all of the above features will help support healthy stem cell function, as well as boosting your digestive health and providing you with more energy.
- As we all know, blue-green algae is key to helping you lose weight. The fact that BioStem is also able to boost your energy levels and assist your digestive system means that the weight loss benefits in this product are multiplied when compared against other blue-green algae supplements.
- The product arrives in capsule form. This means that you simply consume it with water – it won’t take a minute out of your day-to-day routine.
- The company behind the product, HRL, are one of the most well-known brands in the supplement industry. They’ve been in business for over twenty years and are composed of researchers, doctors, chemists and nutritionists. They are the definition of trust.
How much does BioStem cost?
It’s currently possible to buy BioStem for $39.95, with this covering a one bottle supply.
The company have decided to reward those customers who make a longer-term pledge to the product though.
For example, if you buy three bottles the price of blue-green algae drops to $26.65 a bottle, while the savings drop to an incredible $19.99 if you opt for a six bottle package. This last package actually represents a saving of 49%.
ENERGYbits Algae Supplement
- ENERGYbits can boost your energy levels, fine-tune your brain, curb hunger and provide you huge doses of protein and essential nutrients.
- All of the above comes in tablet-form. Let’s repeat that; there’s no need to cook a big meal here, you’ll be getting 64% of protein and most of your nutritional requirements all in one serving.
- The main ingredient in ENERGYbits is spirulina algae. To say this is groundbreaking isn’t doing it justice; NASA feed it to their astronauts, while the United Nations have classed it as one of the best superfoods in the world.
- You might get a whirlwind of energy through ENERGYbits, but none of this arrives through harmful chemicals or caffeine. It’s all plant based – don’t worry about side effects.
- You won’t be affecting your waistline in the slightest either. In fact, with one tablet containing just one calorie, you’ll probably lose weight.
- NASA have found that 1 kg of spirulina algae is the equivalent of 1,000 kg of fruits and vegetables. Again, it’s like carrying a meal around in your pocket.
- It’s not just the big organizations which have sized up this product – real people have experienced the effects. Some have lost weight, others have seen their workouts transformed while most can just cruise through days thanks to the extra energy.
- ENERGYbits has been put together by a team who are obsessed with improving the health of the world. The company now have numerous bases all around the country – they are big players.
Is there anyone who shouldn’t use Algae supplements?
As we’ve already highlighted at various points through this article, blue-green algae is a substance that won’t prompt side effects.
However, it is still advisable to exercise caution if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have phenylketonuria. The make-up of BioStem means that these groups might be at risk, so you should consult your doctor before taking the product.
- How Well Do Legal Steroids Work? – August 24, 2022
- Personal Training Exercises for the Elderly in Tulsa – July 28, 2021
- Advantages of Getting into the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Martial Art – May 3, 2021
- Last Longer in Bed & Impress The Missus With These 4 Easy Steps – October 20, 2019
- How to Make Crossfit, Muscle Growth & Building Strength Live Hand-in-hand – August 2, 2018
- Drilling Down into The Pros and Cons of Testosterone Boosters – July 24, 2018
- Legal Winstrol Alternatives: What do They do and What are The Best on The Market? – June 22, 2018
- Steroid Effects: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Anabolic Steroids – March 23, 2018
- 7 Decisions You Will Regret Making in Your Life – March 11, 2018
- How to Handle Yourself After a Grueling Workout – February 1, 2018