They’re unsightly at best, but there are a whole host of issues related to warts apart from aesthetics. For some people they are painful, while for others they can lead to even more serious problems.
Bearing this in mind, they are most certainly something that should be treated as a matter of urgency. We’re now going to take a look at warts in more detail and also explain all of the different treatment options that are available to you.
- What are the different types of warts?
- What causes warts?
- The main treatment options used against warts
- Using natural herbs to treat warts
- Are there any other products available?
What are the different types of warts?
Before we dive into the various forms of treatment, it’s first worth taking a look at all of the various forms of wart that exist. Contrary to popular belief, there’s not just one type, there are several:
- Common warts – As the name might suggest, these are quite “common”. While it’s possible for common warts to appear anywhere on the body, it’s usually your fingers and toes which are most susceptible to them. In terms of appearance, you should look out for warts which are rounded, rough and have something of a “grainy” look. They may also seem a grayer shade than the rest of your skin.
- Plantar warts – The big difference with this type of wart is the fact that it grows into your skin, rather than out of it. As well as this, plantar warts tend to be isolated to the soles of your feet. They are easy to diagnose and if you see something that resembles a small hole in your foot, surrounded by skin that is much harder, there’s every chance that you have this type of wart.
- Mosaic warts – If you have mosaic warts, they are effectively plantar warts that have clustered together. They can grow to more than an inch in diameter.
- Genital warts – As the name suggests, these are based around the genitals. Caused by human papilloma virus, they are flesh growths or bumps that appear in the area and are actually one of the most common types of sexually transmitted infections.
What causes warts?
As we’ve already touched upon, most warts are caused by HPV. The problem with this is that the virus is very easy to pass between people; it can be through something as innocent as skin-to-skin contact, or even through a towel or piece of clothing.
The virus causes a hard form of protein caused keratin to grow much faster than it should, with the result being the wart.
The main treatment options used against warts
While warts might have unsightly and sometimes painful, the good news is that there are several ways to treat them. Let’s take a look at the two most common.
This is arguably one of the most common methods and if we were to draw on the benefits, it’s very quick and nearly always effective.
In short, cryotherapy involves the use of liquid Nitrogen – which is an extremely cold substance that can destroy all of the cells that form the wart. The doctor will turn to either a spray gun or a cotton stick to apply the liquid Nitrogen, depending on how many warts are being treated.
It takes three to four treatment sessions before the warts will have completely vanished, with these occurring fortnightly.
Unfortunately, there is a downside to cryotherapy; it’s extremely painful. The fact that some patients will require anesthesia says everything you need to know about this – it does hurt and you should be aware of this before you go for the procedure.
It’s important to see a doctor for this procedure, as if you subject your wart to too much liquid Nitrogen scarring becomes a real possibility.
As we have already mentioned, the most common way to attack warts is by cryotherapy. In extreme cases, there might be occasions where surgery is used as an alternative. However, it’s worth pointing out that the nature of surgery means that this is always going to be seen as a last resort.
At the moment there are two types of surgery; electro-surgery and laser surgery. The former is completely different to cryotherapy, as this time an electric current will be used to scorch the wart. Before the procedure, the surgeon may opt to cut the wart before targeting the remaining flesh with the current.
In the case of laser surgery, this arrives exactly like most surgeries of this ilk and the wart will be treated with a short beam of light.
On one hand, surgery appears like a very strong method of action and one that could keep warts away permanently. However, it’s worth mentioning that you’ll still have the HPV virus in your bloodstream and as such, warts could return at any time. At the same time, you can still pass the virus on to other people using the ways in which we documented earlier.
Using natural herbs to treat warts
As well as the above treatment methods, some people will also turn to home remedies. As you may have imagined from some of the “official” forms of treatment, they can be painful and that’s why household options are always favorable.
It should go without saying that not all of these are going to be successful for everyone, but if you can find a solution that works for you it can mean that you don’t have to opt for the pain that options like cryotherapy and surgery prompt.
Apple cider vinegar
It’s something used for countless other ailments, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that ACV is successful for the treatment of warts either. The reason is simple; it’s very acidic and this can help to kill the HPV virus.
The best way to apply ACV is to put the substance on cotton wool before generously dabbing on the affected area. Most people note a slight tingling sensation when they do this – but don’t be alarmed.
Raw potato skin
A somewhat strange suggestion, but one that can work nonetheless. Raw potato skin has huge alkaline properties, which work to combat the HPV virus and stop its growth. Over time, the wart should gradually start to decrease before eventually disappearing.
To apply, peel the skin from a washed potato and place the “fleshy” part of the food against the wart. Once again, you’ll need to secure it with tape overnight, to allow the warts to be subjected to the ingredient for a sufficient period of time.
Vitamin C contains high amounts of antioxidants. If you can crush a tablet and apply the substance for a few hours against your wart it can work very effectively. Many people will also add lemon juice to this mixture to make it more acidic and accelerate the results.
This time, you’ll be relying on an alkaline substance to attack the warts. In turn, this means that it becomes very difficult for the wart to grow. Try to mix the baking soda with water and apply for a few hours. It’s fine to perform this several times per day, for a few weeks, to experience gradual results.
Due to the amount of Sulphur in garlic, this is another ingredient which can stop HPV in its tracks and stop the growth of your wart. You’ll need to crush the garlic first, before then securing it with tape against the wart overnight.
Are there any other products available?
Following on from the above, it’s clear that there are multiple ways in which you can treat warts. However, in general at least, they are accompanied by a couple of problems.
Firstly, the “official” methods of treatment tend to be extreme and quite painful. Then, if you turn to the at-home solutions, these tend to be of a hit-and-miss nature meaning that you won’t necessarily reap instant results.
As such, some people turn to other at-home products which have more convincing and consistent results. Let’s take a look at a couple of the market leaders; Wartrol and Nevi-Skin.
The breakdown on Wartrol
- Wartrol is a fast-acting liquid that can remove any common and plantar warts on your body which have been caused by HPV.
- Unlike traditional treatment methods, this can be applied in your own home. Within twenty minutes of applying the liquid to the affected area the wart will have started to dissolve.
- There’s no complicated application method either – the product arrives with a brush applicator meaning that it’s completely easy to treat the warts.
- In terms of the science, Wartrol relies on Keratolysis. This means that the outer layers of skin on the wart are hardened, allowing them to be completely removed over time. When they are removed, the HPV virus disappears as well.
- The product contains ingredients which have been FDA-approved – you don’t have to house any safety concerns whatsoever here.
- Wartrol isn’t just backed up by science – there are some real results from real people. Most have regained all of the confidence that their warts caused them to lose – they are like new people.
- The big media channels have honed in on Wartrol and covered it substantially. The likes of CNN, MSNBC and USA Today are just some of the big names an as we all know, these publications will only cover something if it well and truly deserves that coverage.
- Wartrol is available to buy for $49.95 for a one month supply. However, if you buy three bottles, the individual unit price drops to less than $30.
- The company behind Wartrol can be completely trusted. They are a certified merchant, only rely on FDA-approved ingredients, and have amassed a superb reputation in the industry.
The breakdown on Nevi-Skin
- Nevi-Skin is a topical treatment which uses all-natural ingredients to remove warts, genital warts, plantar foot warts, mosaic warts, hand warts and moles.
- You will follow a simple, 8-step formula to remove the wart. Within seven days, it will have been destroyed.
- There are few “ifs” and “maybes” with this product. Nevi-Skin has a 99% success rate – your moles are all but certain to disappear.
- Some of the feedback from past customers is bordering on the unbelievable. Many people have tried dermatologists and other “official” angles, but the results from Nevi-Skin have been significantly better.
- One container of Nevi-Skin is available for $44.99 and this is sufficient for 2-5 large warts or 5-25 small moles. If you opt to buy two containers, the unit price drops to $39.99 each.
- The product has gained national acclaim, having been featured on the TV and other media channels over recent times.
- If you are one of the minority who the product doesn’t work for, you have a 60-day period to claim your money back.
- The company behind Nevi-Skin are making significant strides in the industry. They have multiple bases around the world, offer comprehensive guarantees and in short, can just be trusted.
- Tips For Men To Find Love – November 29, 2019
- Removing Warts: The Ultimate Guide – May 27, 2018
- Long distance relationships: Keeping it hot – December 20, 2017
- 10 Things A Man Should Do To Make The Relationship Go Right – December 2, 2017
- 7 Things A Real Man Will Always Do – November 2, 2017
- Seven Ways Body Language Boosts Your Game – September 29, 2017
- Forget Mr. Average: Why You Should Dress up Each and Every Single Day – March 15, 2017
- Top 5 Winter Perfumes For Men – Best Fragrances For The 2017 Winter Season – January 21, 2017
- 10 Out-of-the-ordinary Ideas to Completely Woo a Girl on a Date – January 1, 2017
- 7 Male Celebrities Who Never See a Wrinkle – December 28, 2016