It might be something that is found in animal foods, but creatine monohydrate also happens to be one of the most powerful substances out there for athletes. The fact that over 90% of creatine that’s in our bodies is found in the muscles says everything about its importance to bodybuilders.
Therefore, if you are keen about building muscle, it’s time to read on. This is one of the most talked-about supplements at the present time and as you’ll soon find out, it’s no surprise why…
What is creatine monohydrate and how does it work?
The substance is actually found naturally in our bodies, although most of us just need a little bit more to reap the benefits that we will soon address through this article. Additionally, creatine is contained in a lot of food, although this tends to be destroyed as it is cooked.
Like most substances that are popular amongst bodybuilders, one of the main reasons why athletes turn to creatine is because of protein synthesis. It has been found that it can support protein synthesis and as any bodybuilder worth their salt will tell you, this is one of the primary ways in which muscle develops.
When we provide our body with more creatine, it’s possible that it resynthesizes ATP at much faster rates. Ultimately, there are strong suspicions that creatine can make you work much harder as well.
Why should you use creatine?
The reasons why you should use creatine have basically been pinpointed above. For anyone who is looking to build muscle, the fact that this substance promotes protein synthesis means that you can do so at a much faster rate.
In relation to the resynthesizing of ATP, this will allow you to work much harder and therefore get much more out of your gym sessions. In other words, more reps and sets will follow – and your arms and abs will see the difference.
How should it be used?
The realization that creatine can be so powerful for bodybuilders means that it’s possible to purchase the substance in multiple forms. A lot of people prefer to consume it as powder though, as this is mixed with fluid and absorbed into the bloodstream at much faster rates.
In terms of the recommended dosages, studies are still being carried out to determine what is the most effective for athletes. At the moment, it appears that somewhere between 20 and 30 grams a day is going to prompt the biggest rewards.
We should also point out that supplements generally arrive in creatine monohydrate form. While all of the above has concentrated on the benefits of creatine, it’s necessary to package it as phosphorylated creatine as this doesn’t pass through cell membranes.
Additionally, you should make sure that all of your doses are supplemented with plenty of water. Creatine has the habit of unbalancing the water in your body, meaning that you have to account accordingly.
What are the best products available?
As you will have probably already gathered, the demand for creatine monohydrate is absolutely immense. As such, countless manufacturers have jumped on the bandwagon and if you are new to the substance, there are plenty of options available.
To make things easier we have compiled our favorite three, which also happen to be the market leaders. Here’s the breakdown on the trio…
#1 – Muscle Advance Creatine
- This first product will provide you with a mammoth of 4500mg of creatine for every serving. In other words, you are just ploughing your body with all of the benefits we have discussed through the course of this article.
- To reiterate those benefits again, we’re talking about increased protein synthesis, the ability to power through longer workouts and to just generally boost your body mass and strength.
- This isn’t some “phony” product. Muscle Advance Creatine has been covered by some of the biggest media outlets in the world including WebMD, MSN, CNN and BBC. They are raving about its ability to help you build muscle.
- As well as the media, past users are raving as well. Many just can’t believe how much more they can get out of each and every workout, with many amazed at how much “real muscle” the product helps to build, rather than just helping your body retain water and create “fake muscle”.
- This is by no means an expensive product either. For example, it costs just $49.99 for a one month supply, while you can save considerable amounts if you buy several months’ worth in advance. For example, the five month package is just $30 a bottle.
- The manufacturers are so confident about the success of Muscle Advance Creatine that they have attached a generous 90-day money-back guarantee to the product. You don’t need to risk any money whatsoever.
- On the subject of the manufacturers, they are one of the best in the business. They are behind several high profile supplements and the reason they have survived the test of time is because their products work.
#2 – Body Fuel Creatine Powder
- Next on the list is Body Fuel Creatine Powder; a product which also provides your body with an immense amount of creatine.
- To reiterate, this will allow you to work harder than ever before, recover at record speeds and increase your muscle mass so your body looks better than it ever has.
- The major difference with this product is the method of consumption. Rather than being capsule-based like Muscle Advance Creatine, Body Fuel Creatine Powder is a powder. You just need three 5g scoops per day.
- The money-back guarantee with this product is slightly shorter, although you can still return Body Fuel Creatine Powder within sixty days of purchasing it.
- While discounts aren’t available for bulk purchases, this is still a remarkably cheap product and retails for just $37.58. Additionally, you can take advantage of discounts if you ‘like’ the brand’s Facebook page.
- The manufacturer behind this product is even more established. Bauer Nutrition are absolutely massive, they are one of the leading supplement brands in the world and are known by every serious bodybuilder out there.
#3 – Prolab Creatine Monohydrate
- The final recommendation we have comes in the form of Prolab Creatine Monohydrate. This is also powder-based and will provide you with 100% pure creatine mono-hydrate.
- The 100% factor is huge here; there are no “fillers” or additives that make up this product which means it’s impeccable for your health.
- The benefits are exactly the same as we have been touching on as well with longer workouts, more muscle mass and faster recovery times being some of the highlights.
- This product offers a particularly impressive money-back guarantee. This time, you have 100 days to return the product if you are not completely satisfied. It means that your money is completely safeguarded.
- As well as the generous money-back offer, the retailer offers free shipping to anyone who purchases the product.
- This means that the retail price of $25.49 represents fantastic value for money. It’s the cheapest product of the lot and is ideal for anyone who wants to experience all of the benefits we have raved about, without spending a small fortune.
- That doesn’t mean to say that Prolab can’t be trusted though. On the contrary, this is a big manufacturer and one that has been at the forefront of some marvelous products in the supplements industry.
- Last Longer in Bed & Impress The Missus With These 4 Easy Steps – October 20, 2019
- How to Make Crossfit, Muscle Growth & Building Strength Live Hand-in-hand – August 2, 2018
- Drilling Down into The Pros and Cons of Testosterone Boosters – July 24, 2018
- Legal Winstrol Alternatives: What do They do and What are The Best on The Market? – June 22, 2018
- Steroid Effects: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Anabolic Steroids – March 23, 2018
- 7 Decisions You Will Regret Making in Your Life – March 11, 2018
- How to Handle Yourself After a Grueling Workout – February 1, 2018
- 7 Fitness Trends That are Coming to a Gym Near You – January 22, 2018
- 7 Must-Eat Foods For A Better Body And Brain – October 10, 2017
- 10 Characteristics That A Man Of Confidence And Integrity Has – October 2, 2017